Monday 8 April 2013

Blitzing

If you're anything like I use to be, BLITZING is scary!
Walking up to strangers and talking to them about our products can be very nerve wrecking.

I started small.
It was the easiest way for me to avoid talking to strangers but still get my name out there.

First, this is what a Blitz Card is,
<You put your
                                                                       info here


It shows what our product does as well as give people the information they need to get in contact with you.

I hated the idea of going up to people and saying 'Here, have a Blitz Card' I mean, it wasn't that big of a deal right? I always thought, 'I don't want to annoy people or interrupt their day'.

So here's how I started out.
I had about 100 Blitz Cards, took 50 for letter box drops and 50 for people out and about.

The letter box drop was easy!

The way I found easiest was to take Blitz Cards with me whenever I went to the Shopping Centre. I started by putting a few piles of cards here and there, then I thought to myself, 'What type of people would benefit from our products, MUMS!'
So I put BC's in the baby isles, parents/feeding rooms. Then I moved on to the 'larger clothing' isles ( That use to be MY isle!).
After a few weeks of 'secret blitzing', I moved on to more popular areas, putting them on Cafe tables, Fast Food tables, even left some in taxi's hehe.
I started gaining some confidence and handing them out with money to people I was paying for my coffee or lunch to.

It gets easier, it really does.
If you are too shy or nervous to walk up to strangers and talk about the product. Simply 'secret blitz' until you gain your confidence. At least your name is still getting out there.

We have a saying, 'FAKE IT', Fake the confidence, Fake the smile, Fake the knowledge.
Faking the knowledge isn't what it sounds like, I mean, many people don't know about our products, if you don't know much either (you should really do some homework... but) pretend you do! Tell them what you know! Tell them it's MAGIC! (Okay well not even I say it's 'magic') but you get it don't you?

Here is what I say when I'm having a 'lost' day.

Me: Hi! Here have a blitz card!
Stranger: What is it for?
Me: You get a discount on our products, the body applicator.
Stranger: What's a body applicator?
Me: It's a body wrap that helps you tighten, tone and firm your skin.
Stranger: How does it work?
Me: It has a lotion made up of heaps of awesome ingredients that help with skin elasticity and so much more, I can send you some information on it if you'd like? Can I just grab your email?

It is up to the 'Stranger' whether to continue or not. You win some, you lose some.
If they want more info, they will give you their email, if not, move on to the next. Don't be bitter or feel like a failure because as I just said, You win some, You lose some!

If you're confident enough, grab their number and have a chat over the phone or set up a meeting at home or a cafe to talk about the products face to face.

It gets easier, trust me!

You can also print out some flyers and pin them around town. There are so many ways to get your name out there.
I will write again later about Social Network Blitzing.
That's even more fun :)

Until next time!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment